Thread: How soon?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #10
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweitzm1 View Post
When I lost my baby Boomer suddenly I started looking right away. It took me about a month to find Bella. Some thought it was too soon but I always wanted two dogs in my household.

Thumper was heartbroken about losing his brother and was not doing well as a single dog. He perked right up when I brought Bella home. The rescue group did have concerns about it being too soon and not wanting me to replaces Boomer too quickly but I assured them that was not the case.

With all this said it is never too soon to get another dog. Each person is different and only you know when the right time is for you. I am would have more yorkies if I could and am always looking to see which ones are available in my area for adoption on petfinder.com.

I still think about Boomer each and every day. I miss him terribly even though I only had him for a short period before he passed. Bella is a wonderful dog but cannot replace Boomer. I love her with all my heart in a different way. A new dog can bring such joy to a household. I say go for it if you feel lonely.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!