View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm362 View Post
My 13 year old T-Cup Yorkie died suddenly on me middle of the night thursday to friday morning. She was in good health, no sickness, had just had a regular check ups and all was good (aside from a bit of arthritis that comes with age). I live alone/travel a lot for work so she had been my only real companion for many years. I was getting ready for another trip, finished packing and went to brush her teeth before bed. She fought me on this as she always did, afterwards I got up to clean the toothbrush, she followed me but just collapsed couldnt move and just looked at me… I went to pick her up and though she was still breathing it was clear she was going.. she went completely limp and by the time I got to the ER they tried CPR but nothing could be done… I feel so guilty cause the last thing she remembers is me brushing her teeth which she hated, almost as if she died mad at me. So helpless I couldnt do anything when it happened. I miss her terribly, I cant imagine my daily routine without her now. I just hope she knows she was loved and had a good life…

I do think about getting a new dog but I feel guilty like I would be trying to replace her..
Hi mjm362,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take comfort knowing you were able to give her so many years of love and care.

Imagine it is natural to experience some feeling of guilt when we lose a little one. As she crossed over the rainbow bridge, rest assured she was remembering all those years of companionship.

You wrote, "I can't imagine my daily routine without her ..." Same here. I lost my sweet senior, Katy, at the end of March and still find myself fumbling around at times.

Many folks find that opening their home to another pet does help ease the grief. I will. Katy isn't "replaceable," but do hope another little one will fill some of the void my sweetie left behind.

Will keep you in my thoughts--KatysMom

Last edited by KatysMom; 06-02-2018 at 03:44 PM.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!