View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Default https://www.cuteness.com/article/dog-pace-circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis53 View Post
Our sweet girl, Sassy, is 14 yrs. old now. Lately she has taken to pacing in a circle for 20 mins. or so. Other wise she is either sleeping or eating, she is blind and deaf, but knows where to find her food, water, bed and puppy pad. I'm wondering if I should be concerned about this?
Hi francis53,

Thank you for loving your senior gal. I lost my senior not too long ago; miss her every hour of every day. She had several conditions but did not pace in a circle.

Having said that I have not experienced this behavior, the articles I read this morning suggest this behavior could be symptomatic of underlying issues that should be further checked by a vet--ear infections, neurological conditions, etc. Most or all of the articles offer a check list that may help guide you further.

Hopefully those who have had experience with circling will respond further.

Hope this helps--KatysMom

MedicineNet.com, "My Dog is Walking in Circles," n.d.?

Adrienne Farricelli, "What Are the Causes of Dogs Running in Circles?"
thenest, n.d.? Farricelli is a CPDT-KA certified dog trainer.

Jen Davis, "Why Does My Dog Pace in Circles?" published on cuteness.

See also, 2009 YorkieTalk thread, "Help! My [1-1/2 y.] Yorkie goes in circles non-stop!!"

For quite a different take, see 2003 YorkieTalk thread, "Yorkie Weird Pacing Behavior."

Together with incoordination (which you haven't mentioned) and blindness, "circling" is mentioned in Wylie's Mom's posting, "Symptoms of Cushings." Under "Other occasional symptoms include," see "Ataxia (incoordination), blindness, circling, and seizures due to a large pituitary tumor or ..."

Last edited by KatysMom; 05-22-2018 at 10:24 AM.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!