View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Angry Annoying neighbor and their dog

Hey guys, long time no see.

I have been quite busy. I actually got maggie trained on quite a few areas like she doesn't have accidents anymore, and she doesn't try to eat crap off the floor anymore(unless it's something that's super interesting but she leaves it after a chew or two).

My problem now is starting that our white dog(sasha) was never properly trained with things like barking at strangers amd their dogs... she was sort of socialized and she doesnt bite....

But in this new house our backdoor neighbor although a bit friendly at times.... is a little idk.... off putting.... Everytime we take our dog out into the yard for a quick trip to do their stuff.... 2-3 mims later without fail he leaves their dog unleashed on a poorly fenced yard.

Its a big golden retriever and by the sounds of it he sounds pissed off, and sasha actually does try to ignore it but when it keeps going she goes off an tries to run at the fence..... She makes weird muffled noises because as I pull back, she pulls forward....

It is exceedingly annoying that he does that and he doesn't try to stop it. I have tried to keep away from him when I take her out.... its like he knows.... Ive tried different hours and he just without fail- if i go alone he doesnt take out the dog. If he sees me with my dogs he takes out his....

It's annoying the crap out of me because the dog barks at all of us in our own yard even if we dont do anything to it.... or even if we are alone....

An acquaintance of mine recommended a backyard bark sensor ultrasonic sound emitters near the fence..... and another friend whose also got this weird wolf dog says I should buy "wolf urine" and spray it on the corners of the fence heavily. Because all dogs(and dog like animals) will keep away from the property....

Not sure if it works or not but at this point I just want 100% relief from both sides.

I am going to take her for re-training in a month or two but I want to do something about their dog. Our yard is relatively small and we have young ones who when they visit us with our relatives I dont want them to be traumatized by "the big scary dog".

My niece is terrified of dogs because whenever we have people over they leave their dog out unsupervised ...
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!