View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #30
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Here it is...I don't need to ask them. As soon as I posted the above I realized I should be able to google it..

This is such an important topic. Whenever I hear about a healthy pet dying during a dental I always wonder if proper protocols were in place.

This also addresses those awful non anesthetic dentals saying they are "unacceptable and below the standard of care". I wish people understood this..makes me sick to my stomach to see this being done.

If you read about how much there is that needs to be monitored, you will understand how there is NO way two people could do this with one being the vet. If a vet is having the tech do dentals, it makes no sense the vet would be sitting doing the other stuff that does not require a vet to do. Vets are way too busy and are apt to be called out of that area for another patient.

https://www.aaha.org/public_document...guidelines.pdf
I feel bad for the people who have no idea about how bad of a thing it is to not do the anesthesia dentals and get taken by those people who do the non anesthesia dentals. So many things that are wrong about it. My vet doesn’t do regular appointments in the morning on surgerie/dental days which are twice a week in the mornings. I enjoyed watching the whole before surgery system. She does a check of one of the pets and would take notes and write up their aneshesia and surgery plan for each pet one at a time. She would also quiz me on stuff. Like their was a male Pom puppy who only had one testicle drop so she asked me what that was called. I’m getting off topic though lol.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!