View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #1
NHNorm
Yorkie Talker

Default Is TV ruining our Yorkie?

I’m no sure if our Yorkie’s behavior is problematic or justfunny, so I would appreciate having some comments.
Our love, Meri, is a 4-year old 3-lb. purebred female bornin Sharon, CT. Her coat’s dark colornever lightened as had the coats of our 4 prior Yorkies, but she is beautiful.
Recently, she has become somewhat addicted to television. When the TV is off, she will often jump up onthe sofa and stare at the TV, turn and stare at me or my wife, then back to TV,repeating until we notice what she seems to be wanting us to do, so we then turnon the TV and she is happy watching, at least for a while.
But we have to very watchful since when any show orcommercial comes on with dogs in it, Meri goes crazy, needs to be taken off thesofa and she then runs to the front of the TV, jumping on her hind legs andbarking at them.
When we finally turn the TV off, she wants to be picked upand to look behind the flat screen to see where the dogs have gone.
And before she will settle down to go to sleep for the night(on our bed, of course), she has to watch a few minutes of the animated PawPatrol, jumping and barking to let off steam. She then pees (on her designated lined tray), gets her treat (naturally), and then is finally ready for bed.
Is this unusual behavior or is she just continuing to trainus?
NHNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!