View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
My kid is the same way, if something I am cutting / slicing falls my kid will get it before it hits the floor, and for that reason he is banned from the kitchen. He will sit on the threshold and watch but will not enter the kitchen while I am preparing or cooking. For the safety of Milo's well being he should be taught the out and stay commands.
You are SOOOO right matese, thanks so much for your reply and your input. i know this is what i have to do. I have had so many close calls. I do have a gate up, and I will have to gate him out of the kitchen when I am preparing or cooking, (mainly when I'm preparing, that's when the food gets dropped, but even if I am going for a snack at night, he's right there under foot, looking up and praying for a piece of food to drop LOL), so maybe I should ban him from the kitchen/family room entirely except when he is eating his meals or we are watching TV together or listening to music in the FR. I know I should work on strengthing his Leave it! command and also teach him to sit and stay more reliably, but for now, it will be the gate. Thanks again so much for your input
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!