View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 05:20 AM   #7
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccalynn View Post
A few years ago, we had something similar happen.

My kids took Shimmr out for a walk. They came in telling me something was wrong. She was throwing up and refused to walk. I told them not to worry. She’d probably eaten too much grass & she was being stubborn. Then they brought her to me. I thought she was already dead: limp, unresponsive, and we weren’t sure she was breathing,

My darling husband started mouth to mouth(nose) and rubbing her chest. After a bit, she came to. We rushed her to the emergency vet (a 45 minute drive!) it’s been too long to remember specifics, but she was in the oxygen box overnight & given an IV. They kept her 2-3 days!

When we took her luke I am your father I asked what happened, all they could tell me was that it looked like anaphylactic shock.

We never figured out what caused it. Was it a bee sting? Wasp? Rubber (we found broken balloons in the area) The good news is that it’s never happened again. She is healthy & happy.

I hope things turn out well with your baby. Don’t make yourself too crazy trying to figure out what it was. (Even though I know you will, I did.)
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!