View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurebelle View Post
Just yesterday i had to rush my Tink to the emergency vet. It was the scariest thing. She was doing just fine, then all of the sudden she started throwing up and then became extremely lethargic. I was holding her and calling her name. She was breathing and her eyes were open but she wasn’t responding to me. The vet ran some blood tests and found that her blood pressure was low, her temperature was low and she was dehydrated. Also, her gums were pale. He said that these symptoms are common in anaphylactic shock. She was at the vet for a couple of hours and then i was able to bring her home. I’m still giving her Benadryl every 8 hours and making sure she stays hydrated. My worry is that i have no idea what she’s allergic too. I have no idea if it was something she got into or if it was something i gave her. I do give her table food sometimes but i am careful to be sure it’s nothing that is harmful to her. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know of any not so common allergens that i should be aware of?
I'm wondering if it could have been a bee sting or a spider bite?
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!