View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 05:50 AM   #81
Jkpal
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl2 View Post
Just LOVING this thread! Your Otto is absolutely adorable - so handsome!

I just adopted a 1-year-old from a local shelter a month ago. I was actually looking for a retriever for my sis when I came across his pic...his hair was long and matted but underneath I could tell he was a cutie pie. After I met him it was love at first sight! The feeling was mutual...he jumped into my lap and decided I was his .

I sort of went to the shelter just to meet him...not thinking that I would take him home that day...so I didn't exactly tell my hubby what I was up to. Once I met him though I just couldn't leave him behind. My poor hubby was so upset when I brought him home, but I assured him that I would take care of him 100%. After literally ONE day my hubs completely turned around.

I work from home and I now get "How's my pup?" texts all day long because my hubby has to check up on him (with photo updates of course) . We have been married for 21 years and this is our first "baby". My hubby and I are spoiling him rotten with toys, clothes, long walks, lots of playtime and of course plenty of belly and ear scratches. Our pup has been such a fun addition to our family - and my hubby now thinks we need another - HA!

I have one close friend and a sister who have always had lots of pets...and while I have always liked animals (especially dogs) I never fully understood their obsession (partly due to allergies) until now ! Our little guy has truly stolen our hearts...just like I know Otto has stolen yours .

Thanks again for sharing your story! I am relieved to know we are not the only "crazy" new doggie parents around!
You are in good company! Fascinating and fun story and you'd be surprised at the number of folks who swore "they'd never..." completely fall in love with these little Yorkies! I look forward to hearing more about your 'baby' (what's his name, by the way?) and to seeing photos!
Jkpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!