View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
Garoto1973
Yorkie Yakker

I have been trying to figure out my Otto's personality since we got him (4 months ago).

He is super cuddly and friendly when in the house, he is just all love for anyone. Also he loves his former owner (breeder), his groomer and my sister in law.

Outside this circle is all over the place! Sometimes we go out for a walk and he doesnt mind my neighbors or the kids playing in the park (always the same kids so he knows them). They all want to approach him and he usually is kind of shy about them. However the other half of the time he is on attack mode, barking and trying to chase everyone. He hates skateboards and barks at them. He doesnt allow my son to get on the skateboard.

As much as he sometimes barks angrily at strangers (our security guard is afraid of our 9 pound yorkie), and of course other male dogs which he hates (except his brother who he loves), I have verified that his intentions are not to bite. I have tested this letting him run angrily towards friends (who volunteer for this) and he actually stops short of them and stops barking and begins to sniff them. His heart just doesnt allow him to hurt anyone.
Garoto1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!