View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
JuneBugs Momma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Chicken & Rice Cause Constipation?

It is now the end of the 3rd day that JB has not had a bowel movement. He had diarrhea for 3-4 days and then, per vet instructions, I gave him 1/2 tsp Imodium 2x on Monday. He had his last bout of diarrhea that Monday night. Since then, I stopped the Imodium and started him on a chicken & rice diet (3/4 rice to 1/4 chicken).. He has been eating 3 smaller meals a day. I add water to the chick -n-rice to help with hydration even though he is drinking. He is acting fine with no lethargy, pain, etc.

I also understand that constipation is when the dog goes outside, hunches over like he needs to go but no stool is produced. JB is not doing that. He hasn't had the urge to go at all. I added some greek yogurt tonight to his chick -n-rice BUT I have now heard that rice can actually be causing the constipation since he has been eating it now for 3 days.

Should I continue to feed chick -n- rice and add pumpkin now with yogurt? Or should I try just less and less rice and stick with yogurt only and no pumpkin?

Any/all advice is appreciated
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!