View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
LunarBerry
YT 500 Club Member

hmmm according to a chart estimate he'll be around 3 lbs, but it's really hard to say cause genetics play a big role and sometimes you get "throw backs" that are considered unusually larger than the "standard". Understand that some yorkies can actually get up to around 20-25 lbs and still be purebred. Actually anything above the "standard" 7lbs could be considered a "teapot"
My girl is actually overweight at around 16lbs when she last weighed, which we are currently working on. She has less fat rolls now but a tad more skin, but gotta get around to weighing her more properly to see progress. She's suppose to weigh around 10 lbs, based on her body frame and parental weights (her mom was around 8lbs and her dad 5lbs, but she's got a long frame like her mom but dainty features like her dad). Either way I just want her happy and healthy, I could care less if that means she's gonna be above the "standard" weight. We've had yorkies in the past that were on average around 12-15lbs. I love little teapots to be honest o_o
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!