Thread: Hair Breakage
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 06:06 AM   #6
BayleighL
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Hair/skin issues can be greatly affected by thyroid - can't recall, did you check that when you were going thru the chip and skin stuff...??

Also, chronic hair/skin issues can be a sign of Cushings...doubt it's that, but my Wylie did get it very, very young too.

Are you giving oil? If not, give some - I like Megga Dog from Amazon or Royal Coat Express by Ark Naturals.

They did do a full blood work up to rule out thyroid even though she was young and it was unlikely. That checked out fine. I don't think he specifically mentioned Cushings but he did ask about increased thirst, peeping too much, etc.

We were giving an oil but stopped with all the treatments didn't work. I will start that again - it's still in the refrigerator. If it has expired, I will order new. I have also rechecked our grooming technique and training our daughter who stays with her occasionally to make sure we aren't doing something that either causes or exacerbates the problem.

I am also trying to educate myself (thanks YT!) so if we have to pursue this further, I know what questions to ask and who to ask.
BayleighL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!