View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
coco2013
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Sebazole is a medicated shampoo for the treatment of skin infections due to bacteria, yeast, or fungi. See: https://www.virbac.com.au/home/dog-c...e-shampoo.html

I fear that the stink on your dog's skin won't go away until the underlying condition is treated. If you are going to stop the Sebazole, you should let your veterinarian know what is going on, since that might be part of your dog's medical treatment.
Thank you for your thoughts. The Sebazole was actually just his recommendation. He said that in his opinion it was one of the best medicated shampoos for dogs with itchy/dry skin. I originally bought Natures Specialties Neem shampoo for her about 4 years ago that was suggested by my groomer. This was after we had allergy testing done by the vet. Coco was adopted by us when she was three years old and immediately we discovered she had some itching problems which we quickly took her to the vet to get to the bottom of it. The vet put her on Apoquel. She has been on this for 4 years now but the stinky body has just developed within the last several months. She is normally given a bath every 7-10 days and groomed every 5 weeks because we keep her short.

This is something I read:
Skin conditions such as dry, irritated skin (sometimes due to allergies) can trigger the body to produce more oil than normal, and therefore without a few extra baths with a quality product that is both moisturizing and protecting, an odor can begin to build up.

Hopefully, we can get it figured out.
coco2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!