Thread: Soft dog stool?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #14
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
If it is *that* moist, then honestly - I really feel she is on the wrong food. Poos should be firm, solid, formed - not mushy, grainy, falling apart moist.

What are you feeding?
That was my first thought as well. When Scottie was a puppy I was the poop police everyday for an entire year, until his system finally settled down and produced 'beautiful' firm, well-formed, playdough-like poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNimbus View Post
I was recommended this brand by several employees, and not sure if someone on here as well my vet... I wish i could get a refund for it but i know that wont happen. Even though they said if it was opened and she didnt like it i could return it...

I might have to switch it to the wellness simple
I am a strong believer that the poop tells you a lot about the dog's health and if the poop is no good, then something is wrong. Dog poop is a huge deal for me. haha...

My two are currently on Fromm too. But having said that, every dog handles different kibble brands differently.

When Scottie was a puppy, I did a bit of research and found one that had a great return policy - if the bag has been opened and the dog gets sick from it, they will return or exchange it as long as it hasn't been consumer more than 40%. I felt bad at first. But their company motto was to help us figure out which kibble works for our dogs. Then they got me to become a loyal long-term customer. Maybe you might find one like this in your area?

So, how long has your dog's poop been this consistency for? Has your vet ruled out any kind of bacterial/gut infections?

I have never consumed well water before... but have you tried switching to bottled water for your dog? I know it must be fine for you to drink, but sometimes you never know what kind of sensitivities your little one might have. It's a lot of trial and error playing detective work.

Last, I started using probiotic max in their meals. It seems to have significantly improved their digestion and their poop. Something to consider...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!