View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 04:33 AM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophh View Post
Ello! I've noticed that my two year old pup has been a little bloated for the last couple of days. I figured it was that she was preparing to transition into her third "heat" cycle but it has yet to come. I just noticed her ears are warmer than usual though and am a bit worried. Are these symptoms normal for when theyre about to go into cycle? I know I should take her to a vet regardless but I won't be able to at the moment and would like a little bit of peace aha. Thanks!
IDK, bloated with warm ears, I'd fear a fever. If she's had no BM, I'd worry she could be constipated or there could be an obstruction & maybe my dog could be getting septic or something. Sorry, I'm a dog worrier and vet the moment I see any unexplained change in behavior or symptoms that could indicate illness or injury. Since dogs can't talk, how else can they convey something might be wrong but those ways. I wish I could give you peace of mind but unless I know more, such as the dog is eating, drinking, gaiting, playing normally, normal mouth/teeth, eyes, ears, no lumps or swelling, non-tender over her the joints of her neck, spine, major joints, etc, normal ROM, not shaking/shivering and able to settle comfortably to sleep without waking to re-position often, having normal BM's, urination, normal rectal temperature and respiration, nice, firm, pink gums that rapidly return to pink after blanching, I'd be worried and put other things on hold until I had her checked. But I'm the worst dog worrier ever.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!