View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #11
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
About the poison ivy, just about any lotion or cream you purchase over-the-counter to treat a poison ivy rash (calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream, etc.) is going to be toxic if the dog licks it. If the itching is bad, you might contact your physician to see if there are any medication you can take internally to relieve the itching. An obvious choice would be benadryl, but there are others as well. Here is a link to other suggestions: Poison Ivy, Oak, or Sumac: Relieving the Itch-Topic Overview

Well the meme below would summarize the situation of the ivy of hate.

Literary, it's everywhere a few days of not going out... and it's all over the eastern fence, and the western fence. Parts of it on the southern fence. It's also near the shaded areas, near the small trees, near where the gross old pool was(they removed the pool and that little pos sprouted up within what feels like a week or two.

In a few days the thing has crept up in size and we simply cannot just burn it because burning it is the dumbest thing we could possibly do. If I could light it on fire with gasoline from a distance and if it got so burnt none of it is escaping and forming a film on stuff then I would.

I admit I am an ignoramous when it comes to its variants. So I can't seem to tell which is which-- except the really painstakingly obvious ones...

Seriously it's one of my nightmares. Waking up covered head to toe in pus, and severe rashes that if I scratch them it'll get infected-- but if i dont ill feel torture.

I am nagging to see if we can find some remedy to kill it all. I want no trace of it behind. Nothing. If I could completely rip out every plant (grass included) from the yards, sterilize the soil and kill anything left over and then start all over again with fresh seed packets-- I would prefer doing that.

My fear is that it's going to spread to my face and I am going to spend a night in that soul sucking place called the E.R.--- again.

Thing is the rash is spreading and getting a bit worse-- but it worsens over days not like the next day its instantly bad. I am to the point I kind of dont even care about the well water. I just want it gone. I mean I do care about the water, but it just sucks dealing with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Neighbors dog always barking, poison ivy cure that's dog safe but actually effective?-poisonivyeverywhere.jpg  
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!