View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 04:23 PM   #13
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
As for a gate, you might pick up plastic lattice. You can get sheets in various sizes, it's easy to cut/saw and you can use molly bolts or some such to keep in place. I always have plastic lattice as it serves a variety of purposes and is easy to work with...You have a determined, willful little babe and though she probably tests your patience, I'll bet she makes you laugh a lot!!
She does test our patience a lot. We love her, though sometimes we want to yell at her when she does something incredibly dangerous we always "go easy" on her, as we know she's not used to things...

The lattice would be a good idea but she can climb those-- probably... If it has gaps in them she can climb them. I guess I could cover the lattice with some cardboard or something sturdy.

She's being picky with her food again... Today she left most of it and I had to do that thing where I give her food to the other dog (while holding her back with her leash) , she gets jealous and barks like crazy... after the other dog eating a few mouth fulls, I give it back to her to see if she gets the idea... she starts eating but does it slowly - like usual.

She has no problem eating rocks, twigs, lint, trying to rip up the carpet, etc but wont eat her food without protesting... I already tried giving her my mom's dogs food to see if she likes it-- she doesn't....

I tried finding the powdered additive, not sure but i couldnt find it.

I could buy the canned stuff and crush the kibble like someone else recommended... but thats annoying as well.....

I could make her home cooked meals, but really that's just being spoiled. I wouldn't mind doing those occasionally as a treat, but not every day. Mostly because you need to add vitamins and stuff and its not something you do right off the bat. Plus, I hate being wasteful.

My sibling again once suggest leaving the food there for 10-15minutes and at most an hour. IF she doesn't eat it - then I remove it, throw it out and try again the next day. But I am on the fence. It's what I ended up doing today, whatever she didnt eat I threw it out. Yet she begged for other food, which I refused to give her any.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!