Thread: Soft dog stool?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Default Soft dog stool?

Hey guys, I know this is rather gross(sorry in advance) but I needed to ask about it as it's been driving me crazy....

Her poop has been solid enough that it retains shape, but it's moist enough that when you pick it up or try to-- it becomes a mess and instead of picking all of it up-- most of it gets spread around the ground even more.

Now some of you may suggest to use water to dilute it-- while that would had been an okay idea... It really isn't considering we use well water-- so we're concerned about it contaminating our water(I don't know how it works but people have told us to be careful about it).

Just to note, she is fine on her food, it's not the food as she was transitioned very slowly. She just drinks 2 bowls of water a day and I think that might be it(though the bowl isnt huge). Sometimes she just drinks 1.5 bowls, and on hotter days 3 bowls are possible.

I've been thinking about using the product "Poop freeze" but some people are saying bad things about it-- to be honest the idea sounds good because I think they're using liquid nitrogen which would essentially freeze up the poop.

Obviously, one should take the dog back inside -- somewhere secure like a crate and then come back outside to use the spray so that the dog isn't tempted enough to get close to it. As dogs don't understand these complex things I thought it'd be good to let it through.

What do you guys use? Please don't suggest the water + soap as I want to avoid possible water contamination (the last thing I want to do is be the cause of some household crisis), it's a good idea and it works it's just not the appropriate one for the current situation.

Please enlighten me, the sooner the better. I was thinking maybe I could carry around some baking soda with me and drop it on the poop and it might absorb the moisture enough to be able to pick it up... But not sure if its a good idea or if itll contaminate the water should it seep thorugh.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!