View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #9
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer1012 View Post
I use revolution because of the heart worm protection as well, however I live in an area where tics are abundant and since our babies are so small and close to the ground I also apply (3weeks) apart advantixII. Since the weather has been wet and warm my little guy has already gotten 6 tics. I applied advantixII five days ago and it claims tics will die within 48 hrs and kill off any eggs. A veterinarian tech gave me a tip once and sadly his. Odd heard him, he lost his job the next day. What vets don't want you to know is if you can see the tic and cannot get the entire body and head with legs out, just put Vaseline on it. This prevents them from breathing through your dogs skin and they pop out within hrs. Just yesterday my 6 month old 6 lbs had a tic on his bare skin right next to his penis. Not wanting to miss or injure my pup I put drawing salve on. Within 1 hr. The entire tic came out just leaving a small amount of redness which has cleared up over night.
With yorkies and their longer black hair the tics are harder to see but you can feel them. To be safe I try to find the area where the tic is spreading his hair and applying a large amount of Vaseline over the tic before I try to pull it out. If the tic is still whole and not inserted itself fully into your dogs skin you can use your finger nails to remove it, making sure the head is out as well. Even if you feel you have removed the entire tic I still put Vaseline on the top to be sure and at times you will be surprised some of the tic was still there but comes out with the Vaseline or drawing salve which has worked quicker than any other gel or cream I used before. I hope this information has helped. I'm sorry for the lengthy reply.
When you cut of the ticks air which is what Vaseline does it causes them to inject more poison. Your best bet is a think called a tick lasso it gets all of the tick body. Have you checked with you vet about using two topicals? It sound like over dosing. Ticks don't lay eggs on your dog.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!