Thread: Food
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #13
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason5906 View Post
I am new and not trying to start any drama by any means but how can you suggest royal canin or hills over merrick? Have you done any research into foods or do you just pick a food that a breeder or vet suggested? I am saying that because they get kick back money for suggesting these big name brands.

Wellness is a solid recommendation, nice quality food. The other 2.. not so much.

For the best reading you can find on food I would visit:
Dry Dog Food Reviews | View All | Dog Food Advisor

That site gives you accurate information on food brands, what ingredients are good, what ingredients are bad, recall history, and basically anything you could imagine related to dog food.

Once again I'm not trying to be rude, but do some research before you can say one brand is better than another. I'd much rather feed my dog Merrick from a quality perspective over royal canin or hills.
Vets do not get kick backs on dog food. I learned a bit about nutrition in my vet assistant class. Royal Canin prescription food has saved my girl yorkies life. You do realize that the dog food advisor is a human dentist right? All he does. Is grade by ingredients. Food is not just about ingredients it's about the company, the research,nutritionists on staff, trials and so on. You obviously don't know Merricks history and I remember it very clearly. I have done a lot of research and there is a lot behind why I like and choose certain foods. I do find you post a bit rude mostly because you don't know me and just assume I'm an idiot or just am uneducated when it comes to dog food and that is very very far from the truth.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!