View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
Princessyorkies
Owned by my Furbabies

I have been breeding for 8 years and have not lost a female.
Now a friend of mine just recently did and all the pups along with the mom. She had taken her to an emergency vet because the female went into labor and her vet was closed. She called ahead and told the vet her female was having trouble and to be ready for an c-section. Well she stayed at home and let her daughter take the pregnant mom because she was nursing pups that the mom didn't have enough milk for...Any ways her daughter got to the emergency clinic and the vet wouldn't do a c-section, he said lets wait and see....she waited for hours finally the vet pulled one, then another out of the mom and both were dead. He said she has one more in her but she should pass it by morning. He sent the daughter back home with the pregnant female and told her if she hadn't had it by morning to go to her own vet. Come morning time no pup yet so the lady went to the emergency vet and he said that pup was dead...he said he could not take the pups c-section cause the mom was now way too weak and sick. He put the mom on IV's and waited for her to gain her strength back, which never happened. And she then lost the mom.....Some vets could care less and I told my friend I would have sued that emergency vet for what he let happen knowing all the time when she called ahead he was to expect a c-section and the vet wouldn't. Cause he said she would be fine... Makes me sick to think there are vets out there like this.... This female was one of her babies and to loose her and the pups was devestating...
Princessyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!