Thread: Pneumonia
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4carolyn View Post
Jaya is a little weaker than she was this morning, but ok. She cried out once this afternoon, never has done that. Vet says that Cerenia will also help with pain, I can't seem to find anything to support that. Skeptical about vet since mis diagnosis. I gave her 1/4 tab hoping it helps. Can anyone share their experiences with Cerenia, works great for nausea, any affect on pain?
Poor Jaya! I can imagine how much hearing her cry hurt you.

I found this information on a vet blog about Cerenia:

"
VIN (the Veterinary Information Network) had a Rounds discussion not so long ago on this very topic, entitled, “Cerenia: Is It The New Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Allergy, Analgesic, Anti-Emetic, Anti-Obesity, And Antidepressant Wonder Drug?”

Cerenia (maropitant) is a tachykinin antagonist which acts by inhibiting the binding of substance P.
Cerenia is labeled only for treatment of nausea and vomiting, but can potentially be used extra-label for pain, inflammation, GI disturbances, allergies and immune diseases, bladder inflammation, CNS and spinal cord injury, and mast cell diseases.
Treatment schedules should be 5 days on, 2 days off or every other day as continuous dosing depletes substance P which leads to tremors. "

Last edited by Maximo; 04-06-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!