View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #11
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfMidge View Post
Hey guys. Thanks for the concern and advice. Midge is fine and as per Vet, at this age its normal for mom to ween. (excuse if that isnt correct verbage). Vet says hes healthy and was given a daily vitamin. Hes going back on the 11th for a follow-up and shots. Again, thanks yall.
Mmm pardon me, but that vet is not a good vet to begin with to even say that.. To be honest the very bare minimum a pup should be with it's mother is 10-12weeks... it is utmost crucial to be with their mother because the mother doesn't just feed the pup, the mother also passes on along somethings to the pup that you will have a hard time teaching... whatever essential thing the mother knew, the pup would had learned at that time... Would be socialized a little(even though it's his own littermates), with familiar faces.. Would be cleaned up by the mother... A pup that age shouldn't really be bathed like an adult dog-- at least to my opinion on that part..

A pup that age shouldn't even leave the house until it's had it's first round of shots... also one reason why you don't remove a pup from it's mother early is because the milk he/she gets from their mother also has antibodies from the milk she supplies...

You obviously dealt with a terrible breeder to have them so early... No conscious breeder would pull away it's pup from it's mother at such an early stage... It's just plain obvious they were trying to make a quick buck that way...

Should at least, seek other vets to confirm what the first vet said.. The puppy stage is extremely crucial... and it's important to remember just like not all doctors are good, not all vets are good either...

I do wish you and your new pup the best of luck.

Oh, a dog not pooping for 3 days is highly unusual, more so for a puppy who is being fed milk... so something is really bad in that picture.

Again, I wish you both good luck and much success.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!