View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Yes, I had just put down my 17 yo girl, I swore no more dogs, the pain is to over whelming. 6 weeks after putting her down my vet called me, they had just gotten in a surrender not an abused dog 2 1/2 yo neutered male. I was still grieving deeply for my little girl. I gave my vet all the reasons why I couldn't / didn't want another dog. She pleaded with me to just come see the dog, he reminded her of my Matese. Out of respect for my vet for thinking of me and to appease her i went to "just see the dog", I knew I would not be bringing home a male dog.They had taken him to their lunch area, this poor lil guy, every time the door opened he ran to greet who ever came in. I felt so sorry for this poor baby,he was very thin, too thin, how could anyone just give him away. I knew I could give him a good home. I had NOTHING for a dog, I had donated everything dog related to my local no kill shelter. I told my vet I don't even have a leash, well Cody came with a shopping bag of his things lol, it was a starter. I am home all day, Cody bonded with me in 24 hours. I liked him, I trained him commands, tricks, he is very very smart and learns quickly, 6 weeks down the road my feelings for him increased. The more I worked with him the more my feelings for him deepened. He was / is my first rescue. It took me couple of months to realize I loved the little guy, to realize he rescued me and my house had become a home again because of him. I had always had 8 week old puppies that I raised MY way. Having an older dog not raised by me was different, I had to retrain him MY WAYS, he is a PERFECT boy,a PERFECT dog. We're together 3 years now, and I LOVE this boy. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to bond with a rescue especially if you have recently lost one that you loved deeply. Happy to hear you have bonded with lil Bella.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!