View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
marah1115
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Housebreaking and the Potty Patch needing feedback and advice

I have a rescued Yorkie.We don't know much about her of course, she was found running loose in the country scanned and ad ran to find her owners but no one claimed her.We LOVE her to pieces and she is trying her best to be a good housebroken baby, BUT she just cannot hold it longer than like 3 hrs...except for during the night when asleep. I get up to go several times so I let her out then about twice and she will go right away in our own yard and I don't mind this when it is not sub zero temps . During the day however she will not go unless she is walked and I am not really able to walk well (bad back) and my husband either as he has Parkinsons...but he does do it cause he loves her so much. I am wondering if we put up an expensive fence if she will learn to go to the bathroom on her own running around in it??(even if not I imagine it will be good for exercise for her)...We have a fairly good sized yard. Also I was wondering about getting a "potty patch" for when we have to be gone...Would she even use it? What kind of success have those of you who have tried one had? She seems to like to use rugs and while that is better than the carpets because I can wash them it is destroying the backing on them and I kind of can't use them for underneath the cat bowls or in front of the doors because she likes to use them for going ..She sometimes will use the puppy pads or at least close to them and Last night we went to dinner and grocery shopping and she held it the whole 3 hrs but boy she went right outside the door as soon as she was let out... So I pretty much know 3 hrs is it for my little sweetheart! Anyway suggestions appreciated and any info on the Potty Patches (also have cats so would they mess in the potty patch and make messes in it?) Thanks in advance.
marah1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!