View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #27
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I must've missed something...what is nasty about offensive about what she said...? I'm just not seeing it.
I think it's this line: "About royal canin do you just ignore the ingredient list and hope it's a healthy food because some people like it."

I wouldn't characterize it as nasty and offensive, just uninformed.

People don't just "hope it's a healthy food because some people like it." Royal Canin has canine nutritionists on staff, and feeding trials. They put a lot of work into producing a quality product. And as someone else said earlier, Yorkies (and dogs in general) don't have the same nutritional requirements as humans. Just because some humans don't like corn, and just because some Yorkies have a bad reaction to corn, doesn't mean that corn, in general, is bad for Yorkies. The bottom line is, if you find a good food that works for your dog, and it meets its basic nutritional requirements, stick with it. I've been blessed that my Bella can tolerate a broad range of foods. We started with Royal Canin because that's what the breeder had her on as a puppy, and we switched to Blue Buffalo Life Protection because the dog food advisor (an overrated unprofessional website) said it was better than Royal Canin. That turned out to be a naive decision, because we got a bad batch of Blue Buffalo that was completely lacking in "life source bits." After that, we switched her to Wellness Core Grain Free Small Breed because it was spoken highly of on YorkieTalk. Bella did well on all three foods and was happy to eat all of them. We *could* have gone back to Royal Canin with no problem.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!