View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #7
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newpups View Post
LOL. I'm sure it WILL be fun. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! I've been talking with other dog lover friends, and one suggested the harness idea is not good at all for these teeny tiny guys, that it could actually be dangerous. Another told me the booster seat should work fine for them to curl up in for the ride, but what would keep them from flying out of it in case of impact? Another friend suggested, as you did, to use their carrier, which the more I think about it sounds like the best choice, as long as it can be secured to the back seat. It's been over 16 years since my (dearly departed) Molly was a tiny pup, so I'm out of practice �� She traveled with us all those years (a whopping 6 lbs. as an adult) in her belted-in booster seat wearing a harness, and we always felt comfortable that she was safe. I guess I'm just nervous about "doing the puppy thing" after so many years.
My two are 9 years apart and I was freaking out about the puppy stage when I ended up with mine lol. You have to remember to enjoy it they grow fast! I'm getting ready to celebrate my pups 1st birthday in February. They will eventually need harnesses but that young and that size they wont be using them for a bit.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!