View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

My now passed 4 girls calmed down when they reached 9 / 10 years old. When they are wee little babies they are really high energy, wanting to play all the time, will pester other pets in the home to come play with them. After babyhood and when other canines have set the boundaries of what is unacceptable the puppy "may" respect that. All yorkies have dif. personalities, it just depends on the yorkie YOU get, and how YOU train your yorkies behavior. Your chipin will stay out of the way of the puppy as puppies LOVE to pounce in the faces of other family pets, puppies like to nip at and hang off any body parts of other pets, thus keeping older pets away from the puppy until they see this kid is staying. It will take appox. 6 weeks to 2 months for any older dog to accept a new kid and for them to stay on the floor with the puppy. Everything depends on your older dog's personality and the new puppies personality. My girls were all 3 years apart, they were loving girls with sweet personalities, they were well socialized with all animals. Bottom line is.....yorkies are high energy puppies, they do calm down a bit once command training has been taught and learned by the puppy, but they are still full of energy and want to play A LOT.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!