View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #14
Veemo
Yorkie Talker

I've been experimenting for the past 2 weeks now (sorry for not replying, I've been going crazy with finals) but I do have some results.

I've eliminated all veggies/fruits from his diet aside from the carrots, and his gas is definitely better... he still has bouts of it here and there but it's definitely not as bad as before, so I'm thinking the veggies may have been contributing... I think I also know what may also be causing the gas... I think it may be the tripe. He never had horrible gas before I switched him to tripe as his main source of organ meat. I'm going to assume that just goes hand in hand... but I'm also wondering if that may contribute to his stinky breathe. If any of you guys have smelled tripe, you will know how awful it smells lol. It could be one or the other, but there definitely is a change in his gassiness. It's now only a few times a week where I smell that he has any, which is a change from everyday.

The breath is still a problem though despite his diet change. If I brush them really well, his breathe stays clean smelling for 2-3 days but slowly comes back smelling like a fart again. I'm just wondering if it's still the food piling up in his mouth or if it really is gum/teeth related. I started giving him the greenie chews also every other day, plus cracking down on the brushing. I'll be going home this weekend so I can schedule an appointment if this continues to persist. I'll look at everything everyone has recommended though and try everything out! There is definitely an improvement though, as his breathe doesn't stink nearly as bad as it did, and after good brushing, can go days without stinking. It still stinks but is definitely not as intense as before.

Thank you again everyone for the replies. If you have any other info for me, I'm all ears! I'll be around now more, since my schedule is slowly calming down again haha. And I'll call my vet back at home when considering to bring him in for an appointment.

Last edited by Veemo; 12-14-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Veemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!