Thread: X-pen Height
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

This I can give solid advice on!

Pixie was 2pounds and 4 ozs when I brought her home. I had a 24 inch Precision Black Powdercoat X-Pen. it was nice. Matched the room and everything! Well, my sweet little Pixie learned how to climb out of it in a matter of 4 days! I was stunned to come home and find her running free! Free to chew the powercords! Free to eat the plants! Free to get into God only knows what dangers my house contains. I was freaked out! I thought it was a fluke... so I put her back in and sure enough, I watched with my own eyes! She climbed right up and over!

So I took it back and exchanged it for the 36 inch. That took a few days... but little miss moutian climber mastered that one too! I was so embarresed when I showed up back at the pet store with my TINY DOG and my HUGE GATE for yet another return. The manager laughed and said that he had to give her credit! She was some dog!

I ended up going with a Precision crate. The BIG one, you know the kind you get for Mastiffs and Great Danes. That is her play yard now. It has a top! And a nice thick plastic pan that I can wash off, it saves the carpet! And I never have to worry about her getting out ever again! It has two doors so it is easy to clean out! It also folds down and is portable like the gate was, It even has a handle. And if you compare the amount of play space... the crate has 1 square foot less than the pen did.... a fair trade for the peace of mind I'd say! And it was like 90 bucks online at petco.com with free shipping. Her Yorkie sized crate fits right inside it! And her pee pad and food and water and toys.

Am I saying you have to get a crate? NO.... but I am saying... Dont underestimate your Yorkie! Go for the bigger one!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!