View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #7
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
Yes. . I pulled it from her after we spoke last. But, I was letting her look on my vanity table and she found it and asked nicely for it. It was a moment of weakness I shouldn't have done. We not only threw that one out, but any of her raggedy or more than two day old lamb bones. My poor puppy LOVES those tiny pieces- especially when I hold them. We had to take her to her first vet today, nothing was available. I will say that the doctor doesn't screw around, and is a blunt person. He asked to be given a chance to get to the bottom of her issues, and then told me to eliminate everything but I/D and try adding them back in. I only give her nilla wafers- ground peanuts i grind myself for " peanut butter" (for her meds) Boiled food with hte additives the vet book has for the recipe, Fromms and I/D. Then the bully stick. We know for a fact the ears ae okay, and prob'ly because they usually only last for a day and a half. So, it won't take long to figure it out, if it's not salmonella from the stick.

I have Crohn's like I've stated. Bright red blood has never happened-internal, yes, bright red, no. Does Teddy ever get that, or has he ever had it? It wasn't a lot, but even two spots are enough for me to get upset for her.
Teddy has never had blood in his stool. Max had a couple drops once when I tried switching him to a really high protein kibble that did not agree with him.

Bone chews -- if she is swallowing part of the lamb's ear, that could be an irritant. Definitely stay away from pig's ear (the worst for dogs with gastro issues), and I would skip the bully sticks. They all have coatings on them that can be bad for dogs with gastro problems.

I would also skip the peanut butter/crushed peanuts. Both peanut butter and carrots (mashed) give my guys tummy problems, even the smallest amounts.

Save

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!