View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 02:37 AM   #11
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsa718 View Post
A dental here costs upwards of $1500 and I just had a death in the family so money is extremely tight. I also worry about anesthesia. I know I need to do it. The vet doesn't think he's in pain he just had lots of tartar and bad breath.

I think I'll ask the vet to quote out a dental for me again and see what tests can be done for the skin conditions. He constantly locks his paws but he's done that when he wakes up since he was a puppy. I did notice a pimple like bump on his back the other day but he doesn't itch. His ears look clean, no yeasty smell from his paws. Not sure what it is!
I know it's costly. But if it's really as bad as you describe, ya gotta do it -- dental issues can affect the heart if left untreated (same in humans). Get Care Credit and do a payment plan on it.

The paw licking is very likely due to allergies - this is the cardinal sign of allergies in dogs bc the histamine reaction occurs in their paws, making them very irritated feeling...so dogs lick/chew them for relief. It's most likely enviro allergies (pollens, dust, mites, etc). More about allergies here: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...tart-here.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!