View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #12
BellymonsterMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default didn't hear from doctor

I put in a call to the vet this morning...was told I would get a call later in the as the doc was on the late shift- did not.

I checked the paperwork and saw that it was the Snap CPL and it showed abnormal. Other blood work normal and she had no other symptoms but dark sticky stool. I checked back in May and the Snap was done and was normal. Maybe they just do it for the terrier breed for every GI type issue?

Since she had a two very small but normal colored bowel movements the last two days I wanted to know if I could take her off the meds. The Flagyl, Carafate and the Pepcid. From my understanding these were for diarrhea and she didn't and doesn't have that.

It's been 4 days and will be 5 since diagnosis and I need a bit more info-. I'm extremely anxious about the lack of followup of something that I've read is serious.

I also wanted to question the diet issue....how long do we keep her on the bland? 24 hours? 48, 72 hrs...25 years? No info on this was given at visit. She hasn't eaten any of the boiled chicken and rice today or the beef and rice.

If she had Pancreatitis should she go on her normal food - PetFresh and boiled chicken with Blue Buffalo Chicken and Rice Small Breed due to fat content?

I see her itching a lot, she has allergies, but I don't want to give her Benedryl while taking other meds. I've seen her licking air and now I'm wondering if she is nauseous as well.

I will try to get answers tomorrow. Newish vet and I'm not pleased.
BellymonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!