Thread: Just a vent
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 06:06 AM   #14
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley's Mom View Post
I went out to walk my beautiful Mickey today and some woman says to me "Oh, is he a Silky?" I told her no that he is a yorkie, full blooded. He is a teapot at 9 pounds but he has a cute little short nose and gorgeous big brown eyes and of course not a dinky 5 pounder. She says "My yorkie is a purebred " and I said "So is he. He has papers and everything." She just stuck her nose up and walked away. Sorry but this is just wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love the tinies and had a beautiful 3.5 pounder myself until he died. Dudley was a beautiful baby, But he wasn't any more beautiful than my Mickey. Sorry to rant but people like that tick me off. I never said things like that about anyone's baby, and deserve the same respect from others. Thanks for listening.
Dude, SERIOUSLY this makes me angry. I have a neighbor in our condo complex. I'm so sorry to say it like this, but he's a MORON. I have Chews on a leash one day when she was five months old and not even 3 pounds yet. We were minding our own business. chewie was relieved daddy wasn't walking her, 'cause mama lets her sniff to her hearts content- as long as a eatin' isn't happening. He says, Is that a teacup????? I pause, take a deep breath.... and decide to not say anything. He asks me what I paid. I told him the standard price (insert the price that is absolutely normal for a REPUTABLE breeder to charge) High to some people, low to other people on the East coast I'm seeing. He says MY dog, Thor, was MUCH MORE. But HE is half teacup so he's much more valuable. I squeeze my daughter's hand pretty hard because I'm about to lose it with laughter. This "half teacup non papered yorkshire was at least 17 pounds, and did NOT look full. Not his weight- that wasn't what told me. His ears and nose didn't look like a purebred. I still didn't say anything. Not the spiel about teacups being B.S. and not anything else.

A month later he told my daughter oh, well, I'll bet you're disappointed that your puppy isn't a full yorkie. Well, daughter isn't like I am. She's a bit mouthy. She said, well, those papers and her standard weight and standard appearance would state otherwise. And she walked off.

My point? yorkies come in all weights. Yes, AKC "STANDARD" is 3-10 pounds. This is according to some fantastic vets we absolutely adored but left for a closer vet, and also according to AKC. Standard. Those are guidelines. That doesn't #$#$#$#@$#@$#@$ mean that they HAVE to be between THOSE weights. There are horrible people breeding them to 1.5 pounds as adults, and there are beautiful sleek little 17 pound gals like Joan's Matese.

JERKS.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!