View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 04:25 AM   #13
LindaLS
Yorkie Yakker

Unlove Hanna left us yesterday I miss her so much

R.I.P. my very special baby "Hannamaye of Alabama" her AKC name,
Jan 2000 - Sept 28, 2016 Today my heart is shattered. Hanna went to be with the Lord, well that is what I shall believe. That I will see her again with my Misty

Something happen the night before she was frantic for a while and running around the house with her head to the side. I am sure she had a stroke but than she settled down. I was warned this might happen, it was evening so nobody to call and really nothing to be done. Found out those trembles were seizures just very minor for the last month or so.

Yesterday morning when we got up I knew something had changed. Nothing you could see but as I took her out of her crate I could just "feel" a difference in her. I put her and Tiffanys breakfast down and neither one would eat a bit.
When I took them out Hanna seemed to walk in circles and lean to the left. Than she would have the trembles for a second and fall down.

This is at 5:00am so vet is still closed but somehow I knew it didn't make a difference. I held her, cuddled her and her mind was just gone. For the next three hours I saw changes take place, the seizures just increased each hour to the point I called the vet and said it was time. I could not endure seeing her go through this, I had to let her go, say goodbye.

I called my daughter as I am still not allowed to drive and asked her to take us to the vet. I called and made the arrangements for her. Dr Ellenburg was wonderful, so gentle and kind and understanding. Hanna felt no pain and crossed over while in my arms. I will miss her and love her forever but I am grateful she is no longer suffering as it was her time. It hurts so much, too much for words.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and understanding. I wanted you to know Hanna is at peace now.
LindaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!