View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
mcclanmd
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help! Housetraining issues after grooming.

Hello all! Let me just say that this site is a blessing. I've learned so much just by reading all of your posts. Thank you so much. However, I haven't read any posts that deal with an issue like mine. I have a 10 month old neutered male Yorkie that currently uses puppy pads. He was neutered at 5 months of age. I took him for his first grooming about two weeks ago. The groomer gave him a sanitary clip, which eliminated his "pee pee string". He has always squatted to pee, and had not had an accident in months. Now, he pees all over himself because he has nothing "down there" to direct the flow of his urine. So, when he pees, he wets his front legs, paws, and chest. A few days ago, he started lifting his leg on his pad to pee. This past weekend, however, he has had three accidents on rugs. He even hiked his leg today and peed on his toy box. I'm not sure what has happened to my little boy. The vet has checked his urine, and he does not have a UTI. She does think that he may be experiencing some anxiety since he seems to be peeing all over himself nowadays. I don't know what to do. This is my first dog, and I'm a newbie. I can't even tell you if this is marking or urination. I can tell you that when he does do this, it is a puddle, not just a few drops. He acts like he doesn't even recognize his pads anymore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for everything!
Misty
mcclanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!