View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweitzm1 View Post
I am trying to keep a journal but it is tough as I am not with him 24/7. This evening when I got home and before I could take them out for a walk. I almost caught him trying to pee on my bed. (He has never done that) I caught him and he stopped. I am trying to stay positive that he still has a ton of energy and loves to eat. All the symptoms I have read with Kidney Failure online say they can lose weight and get lethargic. None of that is Boomer. (Though Google is not my friend it only makes me worry more)

His pee though is usually yellow in the morning and then light to clear the rest of the day so I know he is hydrated.

As for the Urinary Acifider, yes my vet recommended it to help with his PH urine levels. He suggested that or a potassium citrate pill.

I just hope I am overreacting and it is nothing. I swear I cannot have children because if I worry like this with my dogs I can just imagine how I will be with children.

He may need a special diet... low protein. I am sure the vet will recommend one for you. I added a powdered potassium citrate to Sammy's food... it binds the calcium which is damaging to kidneys.

It seams to be early .. more of a "pre" illness so with diet he will have a good recovery...

Good luck and praying for good news on next vet visit.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!