View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Happy Adoption Day to Boomer!

Keep a journal of his intake and output until you do the follow up test. Good plan to return sooner if he has more unusual accidents and continues to drink and pee much more than usual.

I'm not familiar with Methigel Urinary Acifider. Did your vet recommend using it?
I am trying to keep a journal but it is tough as I am not with him 24/7. This evening when I got home and before I could take them out for a walk. I almost caught him trying to pee on my bed. (He has never done that) I caught him and he stopped. I am trying to stay positive that he still has a ton of energy and loves to eat. All the symptoms I have read with Kidney Failure online say they can lose weight and get lethargic. None of that is Boomer. (Though Google is not my friend it only makes me worry more)

His pee though is usually yellow in the morning and then light to clear the rest of the day so I know he is hydrated.

As for the Urinary Acifider, yes my vet recommended it to help with his PH urine levels. He suggested that or a potassium citrate pill.

I just hope I am overreacting and it is nothing. I swear I cannot have children because if I worry like this with my dogs I can just imagine how I will be with children.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!