View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #5
GracieJane
Senior Yorkie Talker

I am sorry to hear about your sorrow. We lost a sixteen and a half year old yorkie almost four years ago, and it was hard. I drew comfort from the fact that it was truly her time to go, particularly after two years of diapers when she lost all control of any type of elimination. Less than a year ago, we lost a sweet puppy (truly, she wasn't even 18 months old) to complications after surgery for atlantoaxial instability. That was even more devastating for us.

This is clearly not a good time for a puppy. It would stress your elderly, sick babies, and I suspect you need time to grieve. It took me a year after losing the sixteen year old-I just wasn't ready for the responsibility again, or to set myself up for loss. Now we have two, one who will be three years old later this month, and sweet Maggie, who the breeder gave us to replace little Millie.

Enjoy every day with your sweeties-you are the most important factor in their lives, and when the time comes, you will know what to do. Just like us, they don't have expiration dates, and they may surprise you with how long they can live comfortably.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!