Thread: Orijen Dog food
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
RockyDad
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farleys View Post
Orijen site says it meets aafco standards. Im with you, after extensive research orijen and acana come out on top.
Royal canin, science diet .. Etc. may work for some dogs . But not for all. I know of many success stories on orijen and acana. I was going to start raw, but decided on acana. Two of my dogs skin issues cleared up so quickly.
My vet said as long as it meets the aafco standards thats what is most important. Just because it is has the aafco stamp of approval does not make it an ideal feed however. There are many many aafco approved feeds that i wouldnt dream of feeding my dogs.
Our cat got switched to orijen and stopped itching with in 2-3 days . Both orijen and acana have formulas without chicken/ bird in them.
And they are Very high quality feeds. And working amazing for all 4 my dogs.
Vets recommend what they carry. I worked at a vet clinic for many many years. I know how it works. What they recommend does not mean its what is best. Its just what they know.

Thank you! I didn't check their website, I appreciate your post. This was my point exactly, that lots of worse quality dog foods have AAFCO approval printed on their labels but Orijen didn't. I just found that weird, but I guess they're saving money on ink by just stating it on their website and not on their bags of food.

Last edited by RockyDad; 08-20-2016 at 04:00 PM.
RockyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!