View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
icy
YT Addict

Angel, have you checked all the guidelines and restrictions of flying a pet overseas? There is a lot of paperwork to be filled out, there might be quarantine and other restrictions as well.

As it is quite a long flight, please check whether or not she will be able to fly with you in the cabin or will she be flying cargo? It makes a big difference because if she flies cargo, she will have to be in cargo an hour before you check in and it will take an hour to get her out after you have passed through immigration and customs.

I've heard many horror stories where pets gets mis-shipped to other countries, they get hurt while being treated like luggage, and some pets don't make the journey.

This is also a lot of stress on the wee one, I flew my Yorkie from Taiwan to Hong Kong, although the flight is just under two hours, she was away from me for over six hours, including going through customs, vet checks upon arrival, etc. Brownie was quite shaken and quite different for a few days after the flight.

Last edited by icy; 03-08-2006 at 08:42 PM.
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!