View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #8
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks for sharing your stories on your past Yorkies. I can't imagine how upset you must have been to have your first one stolen and next one attacked...

I bought my Yorkies (each a year apart) from a really good breeder, with an agreement that I was purchasing a pet, so they had to be neutered/spayed. Through my experience, I'm aware of the limited AKC registration because mine are for pet ownership reasons. Nonetheless, they are still AKC registered.

For your situation, as gemy mentioned, I guess it is a 'live and learn'. You technically have AKC registration, she just didn't specify that it's limited. Understanding you're upset because it was a specific price that you had agreed on...but, if it's any consolation to you, if you feel that you have purchased a quality stud for breeding, $1200+400 isn't all that much. In Vancouver, some quality Yorkies sell for as much as $3000 (and that's CAD lol).

Also, as Wylie's mom mentioned, I would also strongly consider keeping him as just a pet and leave the breeding to the professional life-long dedicated breeders. When you're ready to buy another one later on, just research a good breeder again. It'll save you a lot of headache in terms of breeding properly and safely. I've read it's a lot of work. And most seem to suggest that you need a good mentor for this, someone who's spent a good many years breeding quality show dogs! Just out of pure curiosity, do you mind if I ask whether you're interested in breeding to compete in the show ring? Or are you just interested in breeding so that you don't need to look as far and hard for your next Yorkie?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!