View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #6
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Have you tried giving either fish oil or coconut oil yet, for her skin...? She will likely outgrow this dryness / flakiness in time. Also, with her liver still in question, I can't help but wonder if that's affecting the skin too.
coconut oil and fish oil both I've thought about. How much is appropriate? Every time we get her past 3.88 pounds, it goes right back, so her weight is always a concern with any medication or fats that I give her. I'm more than willing to, though.

I hope she does, she's absolutely miserable. The antihistamine therapy is working a little bit, and I'll take that over none. She's not coughing or doing sneezing- inverted or not, and her eyes water much much less. The itching continues. Not as bad, but bad enough. We had a mosquito invasion when my daughter set fire to the microwave, as there was a hole in the kitchen screen, but her crate was completely covered so I doubt that made it suddenly worse than usual at end of June.

As far as supplements which brand is the best? I need to have her on those as well. I'm desperate. I was told to stop fighting her on the boiled potatoes/rice/barley with beef/turkey preference, so I've added plain yogurt or cottage cheese to it, or cabbage or carrots, or celery. I give her bits of blue berries and cucumbers, too. I worry that she isn't getting enough vitamins. Vet has been told to call me about this, but no phone call as of yet.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!