Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
tb98rock
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
What do you mean by Teddy soaking his entire leg? He was chewing on it or did he pee on himself?

Have you tried using treats to change his mental state of mind from stressed to more positive?

If Teddy is attacking the puppy in any way or stressed to the point he's chewing on his leg, I would limit the amount of time they are together for now. Start with 5 minutes a day and go from there. Keep them in separate spaces and only very gradually let them interact more. Always monitor them when they're together.

Sounds to me that Teddy needs a slower transition. A lot of people (not just you) feel a rush to have their dogs love each other. But really, we need to work on slowing down the pace, especially if anyone is stressed (us people included).

When I brought Casie home, Scottie didn't get to see her much for the first few days. I only let both of them be in the same space once I noticed that Scottie was okay.
He drooled so much that he just started licking and chewing his leg but it was towards the end of the night the rest of the day he wasn't that stressed. Mostly they are separate like Ted lays on me on the couch and boss is outside or laying in the floor where Ted keeps tabs. Teddy knows he's allowed upstairs to my room anytime it gets stressful which he did for a min last night before this incident but I had to leave to put a cage together for boss and then get him put away. When I was getting the cage ready that's when he started drooling then when we went back to my room he started licking and chewing his leg...I make sure he's only approaching boss and not the other way around because it frightens him when this pup comes towards him
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!