View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Treat your yard where the puppy runs and plays with pet safe ant granules....I use a broadcast granule that is pet safe after 24 hours. Ant free yard and no problem with my dogs!

A lady I sold a puppy to several years ago, put her baby out in her back yard, unsupervised....baby got into an ant bed, and by the time the lady got back out to check on her puppy, she was almost lifeless, lying on top of the ant hill, completely covered in ants...rushed the baby to the vet, did CPR on the way to the vet, almost lost that puppy from massive, massive ant stings, anaphylactic shock, and her chemistries are STILL out of the normal range from the massive ant poison that baby received almost 10 years ago.... You were lucky you did not experience an issue with those ants....not a simple, non dangerous little thing to address in passing....those ants can kill your puppy if baby is stung by enough of them at once.
OMG. That is so horrible! Like a horror story!! It's such a sad imagery Poor poor little thing.. Thank you for sharing this because sometimes we can never be too careful. I hate ants and I'm sometimes afraid the ants (if they're hiding in the grass) might crawl onto Scottie and Casie when I let them walk around grassy areas in public places. I hate all bugs myself and don't want them crawling on my babies. But this story is just WOW.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!