View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoger View Post
Thanks for your responses. Let me clarify i will not be showing my dogs, but i want a high quality pet. Thanks.
Yes, it was my understanding that you are looking for a pet and not a show dog. By connecting to current and experienced breeders, you'll have the highest chance of getting a high quality pet. As Lovestiny mentioned, show breeders don't produce show quality puppies in each litter. They look for very specific traits, colours, behaviours, etc - it's above me to explain to you what they look for. But, of the ones they don't end up showing, those are your potential pet puppies! They don't want to show those puppies and they don't want to use them for breeding. That's your chance to buy a puppy with great temperament and excellent health! Reason being, they will only breed those in good heath and good temperament to maintain their excellent bloodline. You'll be required to sign a contract that you will not breed their puppy no matter what and that you'll get the spay/neuter done.

Again, you can also ask if they have older puppies around 1 years old. Those are probably the best! They are the ones that were near perfect that were kept to be monitored for show potential, but ended up not being show dogs for minor reasons no pet owner could ever detect. Both of my puppies were purchased from my breeder, after being monitored for show potential for months. They were 5-6 months before they decided to be sold as a pet.

Not many people know to search for a puppy this way because backyard breeders are the ones in business seeking you out with their fancy websites. The really really good breeders may or may not have websites. They definitely have no desire to push or pressure you to buy their puppies. Rather, you'll need to prove to them that you're a responsible pet owner and that you'll care and love their Yorkies like they would.

Seeking out show breeders in person is not not the easiest way but it's the simplest and ultimate best way. You just need the time, patience, effort, and heart to search them out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!