View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #10
blstandifer
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
One 6 month old Yorkie and 4 human babies???
I hope you're prepared for how most Yorkies don't do well with toddlers/children. Can't say I'm not worried.

I didn't even know you can adopt that many human babies all at once, especially if you're financially strained. Sorry, don't mean to sound judgmental - I'm all for adopting children, it's great. It's just that FOUR sounds like a lot. You're going to be financially strained for another 18 years times four! Hope you have a emergency fund in case your Yorkie needs it too...
I actually have 7 children in total and they are all older. We have another yorkie I've had for years as well as 2 Persian cats... and all children were raised with him so they understand the situation. I have raised the four adopted babies for 8 years now and finally finalized the adoption and purchased a new home. We have been in court for years over it. We are only financially strained for a short time. We paid all of our fees and now have to re-save our "Safety net". We are by no means broke and have the money to fix our babies leg. I just hope that it doesn't come to that was all I was saying. I don't want to clear out our savings completely if you know what I mean.

We are very fortunate and raise all 7 kids on our own and thankful everyday we don't need any type of assistance We are very blessed for sure. I love the fact that I can work from home and be here for my Parker to help his leg heal. This would be very hard if I worked outside the home.

Also, I didn't take offense to your post, most people are surprised when I tell them our story. 10 years ago I would have been shocked as well.
blstandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!