View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #6
Kerryn915
YT Addict

I know what you are going through! My little guy broke his front leg at 10 months old. I wasn't as lucky though. It wasn't a clean break and it was both bones in the leg (ulna and radius). So mine had to have surgery, casting wasn't even an option. If your vet is confident that it is a clean break and will heal with just a cast then I would give it a shot. I had 2 diff vet opinions and both told me surgery was the only option for my guy. It's important though to limit the jumping (in his crate I mean). Even though he seems like he's not in pain, it could delay the healing process. I carried my little guy everywhere after surgery. He had very limited down time bc it was only an 80% chance of it healing properly bc the bones are so tiny and they had to place pins through. At such a young age the bones heal rather quickly and as long as they stay in place he should heal fine. If you are very doubtful then you could have a second vet view the X-ray for peace of mind. Best of luck and keep us updated!
Kerryn915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!